Crispy salmon with fennel, pear and cucumber salad
Crispy salmon just falls apart in your mouth and the fennel, pear and cucumber salad brings all the right freshness that you’re looking for in a light quick and easy dinner.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 baby fennel, thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- 2 small corella pears, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, cut into long, thin matchsticks
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets, skin on
- 8 chat potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard dressing
Place vinegar, sugar and 1/2 the oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add fennel, pear and cucumber. Toss to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place salmon, skin-side up, on a large plate. Drizzle with 1/2 the remaining oil. Sprinkle well with salt and rub into skin. Place salmon, skin-side down, in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until pan is hot and skin is crisp. Turn salmon. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Place potato and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Return pan to medium-high heat. Cook potato for 2 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- Strain fennel mixture and discard liquid. Add dill. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Divide fennel mixture and potato among 4 bowls. Top with salmon and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds. Serve.