These reports outline the current statistics related to heart disease in women in Australia and around the world.
- Australian heart disease statistics 2014 by HF
- Women and heart disease: cardiovascular profile of women in Australia by AIHW
- Australia’s health 2014 by AIHW
- Noncommunicable diseases country profiles 2011 by WHO
Here are some articles and guidelines about the current prevention, assessment, and treatment practices of heart disease among women.
- The Case for Sex- and Gender-Specific Medicine
- Sex, Death and the Diagnosis Gap
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines
- Effectiveness – Based Guidelines for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Women – 2011 Update
- Trends in Acute Myocardial Infarction in Young Patients and Differences by Sex and Race, 2001 to 2010
Websites of interest
Here are some useful websites you may consult for reliable information about women and heart disease.