Her Heart is Australia’s only not-for-profit (NFP) focused on the prevention of women’s heart disease.
As it has been found that the death of women due to heart disease is largely preventable, Her Heart aspires to educate and empower women to take control of their lives and make the necessary changes to decrease their risk of developing heart disease. It’s well-documented that funding more research will not drive change – it’s time we moved beyond the rhetoric and start taking action.
Her Heart speaks to women, about women, and for women.
The organisation is committed to working with women to raise awareness of heart disease – the biggest killer of women around the world – and increase women’s chances of avoiding and/or surviving this ‘silent killer’. Starting in Australia, we aim to decrease the deaths from this disease by 50% by 2025.
Her Heart Founder & CEO
A message from Her Heart Founder and CEO Dr. Linda Worrall-Carter
- Improve the heart health of Australian women with long-lasting impact
- To be the ‘go-to’ place for women to access accurate information
- To make women’s heart health a top priority in the health, government, business and community sectors
- Inclusiveness and respectful
- Evidence-based practice
- Community minded
- Passion for excellence
- Great organisations are driven by purpose, not just profits – we walk the talk!
- Never settle for “we can’t” – prevention is really possible!
- Empowering women
- Everyone has a story to tell
- Giving back
- Education and awareness can drive change
- To provide motivation and education to every woman in the world,
- To stimulate and drive change through awareness, education and prevention,
- To advocate for increased investment in the promotion of women’s heart health and position Australia as a leader in reducing deaths,
- To create business opportunities that set Her Heart apart from the competition. We want our work to add up to something – one life saved every hour!